Friday, May 25, 2012

The Magic of Digital Photos

Just a conversation while we were making posters at the clinic for an upcoming HIV testing event:

K: I want to go to America someday.
G: Maybe someday.  But first you have to get a visa.  You have to do something unique like acting or drumming.
K: Not just HIV testing like I do?
G: That probably wouldn't get you to America because there are many Americans who do that job already.
K: Do your friends and family have snaps (pictures) of Zambia?
G: Yes we have sent them some.
K: Do they have pictures of me?
G: Yes, I think I sent them one of you with the stethoscope and also of all the TBA's dancing at the clinic.
K: That's good.  I want them to know me by name.
G: I sent the pictures to my family on a computer.  Have you ever seen a picture on a computer?
K: No.  How do they get on the computer?
G: Maybe one of these days when we are in town I can show a picture on a computer.

With that said, we are very lucky to be able to send these to you.  Few villagers have even seen a computer, much less know you can send photos halfway around the world with a push of a button.  Enjoy the "snaps" of us from the last 5 months:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=ginaord&target=ALBUM&id=5745025493620271457&authkey=Gv1sRgCOSf_OHL2daJPg&feat=email


1 comment:

  1. the pictures were great Gina, thanks for sharing Zambia with us!

    ReplyDelete