Tuesday, August 20, 2013

World Wise Schools--Final Edition!


If you’ve been following our communications with students from Zambian and American middle schools, we thought we’d send you the last edition.  Most of the American students have moved on to high school, and the Zambian students are now in their term break.  Here are just a handful:

Dear Zambian Student,
I am 14 years old  I speak Spanish and English, and a bit of Japanese.  I’m in 8th grade, getting real close to going to high school.  On January 14 I am going to be 15 years old.  Which are your favorite things to do for fun? I like to listen to music, and sing a long.  I love singing.  I also like to swim and be active.  What is your favorite color?  Mine is Green and purple.  I like light colors they are pretty.  When is your birthday? If it’s close Happy Early birthday, or late birthday J  Do you have a radio?  Do you like school?  I do.  In my Avid class we are writing to you, we are also going to send another box of supplies  I hope you enjoy it, have a nice day.

Dear Zambian Student,
I am your new penpal.  How are you? Do you like music? Because I love music.  Do you like dancing?  Because I love dancing hip-hop.  Wel I am 14 years old and I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers including me and I am the second youngest, first comes my sister then come me.  Do you like dogs or cats?  I love dogs.  My favorite sport is volleyball and then comes basketball.  I also enjoy football I like throwing the football to my friend it’s pretty fun.  It’s very nice to meet you.  Hope you have a great day over their.

Dear Zambian Student,
I am 13 about to be 14 in June.  Whats your birthday and how old are you?  What’s your favorite color?  What do you like to do for fun?  And why do you like it?  Do you have any sisters or brothers?  Do you like school?  If you do whats your favorite subject? What’s your favorite sport? What grade are you in?  What languages do you know or speak?  What’s your favorite fruit?  Do you like music if you do what kind and who and what are your favorite songs too?
My favorite color is orang and purple as you can see I’m writing in purple ink.  I like to cook and watch or babysit kids.  I like kids and I like to be in a kitchen.  I have 4 brothers and one sister.  I like school my favorite subject is math.  My favorite sport is football I know what you’re thinking a girl that likes football but yes I do like to play football I also like baseball, and softball.  I am in 8th grade going into 9th grade.  I know English and a little bit of Spanish so like 1 ½ I know.  My favorite fruit is apple, mangoes, and oranges.  I like music I like hip hop & rap and a little country Usher, Michael Jackson, Perry band, and Alicia Keys.  Beat it, If I die young, No more, and Oh my God these are all songs I like.  My favorite food is Chinease food (asian chicken) But I hope you like this letter I wrote.


Dear American Student,
How are you?  I’m here to reply to this letter for you.  I hope God wish you and thank you to reply again this letter.  Which favorite sports would want palay and enjoy any time in America, but me in Zambia my favorite sport is football.  There any sport that you want?  I have 4 brother and 2 sister.  My mom is not at home at this moment and I hope that wen God wish us you can come to Zambia to see Zambia this is Zambia.  Wen I get a chance I can come to see America I like America.  My parent born in Zambia and stay in Zambia we call Zambian my parents also got marred.  So I was born in Zambia and I obey my father and mom but that doesn’t mean have blonde hair.  I

Dear American Student,
I am fine thank you for remembering me.  I am in Grade 9 I have 16 years old.  I am person who speak three language.  I like to speak English, and Lunda.I like fruits like mango is that also you like, guavas, tangerines, and oranges.  I have my fourverite subject and my fourverite food which I like, and my difficult subject.  My favorite subject is science, history and English.  My difficult subject is Religious education.  And I like to playing football and pool table.  Thak you for remember us.  In my mind I don’t forget you ever were you go.  I think you know my name.

Dear American Student,
I am 15 years old.  I am in grade nine (9) at basic school nest year I am going to grade ten.  My favorite things which I want to do is sing a song in church choir every Sundays because Tuesday I am at school.  I love singing the Song of God.  And I also like to swim but I don’t know how to swim in the river.  I using the dish if I want to swim.  My favorite color is RED.  In my village we don’t have radio because we don’t have money which I want to buy.  I like school very much.  We would like to thank the students at Washington Middle Schools for the books, pencils and supplies.

Dear American Student,
My birthday is 19th August.  I have 16 years old my favorite color is blue and black I like white color yey I have sisters and brothers.  I like school because educated is a good ideas.  My favorite subject in school is Religious education.  My favorite sport is football.  The time in moment am grade 9 but nex year in grade 10.  My language is Lunda but to school speaking or using English.  My favorite fruit is mango, mabula and so on.  My favorite songs is gospels.  My favorite food is isima, rice and so on.  My favorite color is black as you can see I am writing in black color ink.  My favorite sport is football because I am a footballer in my basic school.  I am a Captain.  God bless you.  I hope you like this letter I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment